By carefully following these instructions you will get the best out of your beeswax candles
- Keep the wick trimmed to ¼” , this will ensure a warm golden flame
- Keep the wick centred to burn the candle evenly
- Candles close together will affect the burning quality, always keep them at least 4” apart
- If smoke is visible, check for any foreign matter in the pool of wax that might be enlarging the flame. In this case, extinguish the flame, remove the debris and trim the wick to ¼”. A draft can also cause a candle to smoke. Either move the candle out of the draft or protect it from the draft by shielding it.
- Always use a non-combustible heat resistant candle holder.
- Never leave a lit candle unattended, this can be potentially very dangerous.
So why buy beeswax candles?
- All our candles are made with 100% pure beeswax.
- There are no added chemicals or scents, the candles all have a beautiful natural honey aroma.
- They are hypoallergenic, suitable for people with allergies.
- They produce negative ions that help purify the air.
- They are a renewable resource, the only true “green” candle.
- They burn 90% cleaner than ordinary paraffin candles.
- They have a much longer burning time than other candles.
Beeswax candles sometimes have a white sheen to them called bloom, this is a natural migration of some of the wax components to the surface. This can easily be removed by wiping with a soft cloth or gently heating the candle with a hairdryer, however, many people leave it as it gives the candles a unique rustic look.